Sunday, August 21, 2011

Restaurant Review :: Broders' Pasta Bar

I still remember the first time I went to Broders' Pasta Bar in South Minneapolis.  I was blown away by the intimate atmosphere, the friendly service, and the pasta dishes featuring homemade pasta.  Ever since then, it's been my favorite go-to pasta place in the Twin Cities.  I've had New Year's Eve dinner at Broders, given Broders gift certificates as Christmas presents, and eaten there whenever I have the chance! 

Last week I met my friend Rachel at Marathon Sports, my favorite running store located conveniently across the street from Broders.  I needed to stock up on some new running shoes and find some gear for the upcoming Ragnar Relay.  Afterwards, we were both starving and decided that carb loading at Broders two days before Ragnar was probably the best idea ever. 


The weather was amazing outside, so we contemplated eating on the beautiful patio.  But they were offering a different menu for the patio, a selection of Italian small plates, and we were really in the mood for a satisfying pasta dinner.  So sadly, we couldn't eat on the patio.  That's the only negative thing I've ever said about Broders!  The bread basket was a delish starter, and we dipped our pieces of bread in olive oil and pepper.  (Full disclosure: Rach and I went through almost half of a bottle of that olive oil!)


Mmm, a mix of foccacia, flatbread, and Italian bread.  For my main course, I opted for the rosemary pasta with tomato and cream.  I wasn't really sure what to expect!  Then my pasta plate arrived and I began to swoon.  The rosemary permeated the entire dish with its sharp, woodsy flavor perfectly.  The sauce was creamy, light, and pink!  It had all the loveliness of a cream sauce combined with the sweet bite of a tomato sauce.  Perfection!  Plus, I probably don't even have to tell you how delish the pasta was.  Perfectly cooked, lightly seasoned, and amazing.  The pasta just melted in my mouth.  I intended on saving half of the dish to have for lunch the next day, but somehow it just disappeared off my plate......!


In addition to the pasta bar, they also have a deli across the street that has pizza, sandwiches, and other yummy on-the-go food.  Both are right on 50th and Penn, super close to Lake Harriet.  I know there are a lot of pasta places in the Twin Cities, and some of them get a lot of hype in the press.  But I assure you that Broders is one of the best. 

Broders' Southside Pasta Bar Reviews in Minneapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment