Monday, January 2, 2012

Calling in Sick to the Kitchen

The holidays treated me fairly well this year.  I got to see family and friends, I gave some fun gifts, and I received some awesome stuff for my kitchen.  If I weren't cooking in a tiny apartment kitchen, I would feel like part of the Food Network with all of my fancy kitchen gadgets!  But the holidays were also a bummer.  It seemed like I was constantly sick.  Beginning of December -- had to skip a cooking class because I got a cold.  Family Christmas -- had to skip it because I had food poisoning.  New Year's Eve -- came down with an even bigger cold.  And -- hooray, hooray -- I still have the stupid cold.  So instead of beginning my new year using my cool kitchen gadgets and cooking awesome things for my blog, I'm in sweatpants, surrounded by kleenex, and coughing up a lung.  So, my dear readers, I am calling in sick to the kitchen. 

I'm going to relax with some tomato soup from my favorite neighborhood cafe, Cafe Latte. 


I'm hoping that the warm, tomato-y soup will help cure my cold. 


I'm also going to watch one of my favorite movies.  I'm sure it's a total cliche, but I don't even care.  I love the movie Julie & Julia.  LOVE IT!  I love the dual stories, I love the cooking, I love everything about it!  I watch this movie when I want to feel inspired, when I have a bad day, when I have a good day, and now when I'm sick with a cold! 

Oh how I love this movie.  I hope it works a miracle on my cold.  If not, maybe it will inspire me to cook a chocolate cream pie.  Oh joy.


Cheers to a happy and healthy 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment