Thursday, July 19, 2012

Friends on Food & Summer Vacation

I'll be the first one to admit that my summer blogging is essentially nonexistent!  It's not so much for lack of cooking as a lack of time for cooking things besides sweet & sour tofu or pasta with veggies.  I've realized that the older I get, the busier my summers become and the less time I have for hobbies that I've cultivated during the cooler months.  Is it just me, or do we Minnesotans try to cram 12 months of social activities into these few fleeting months of summer?!  That plus vacations, cabin get-aways, weddings, and hiding out when the temperature gets too hot means that it's suddenly mid-July and I have no idea what I've been eating the last two months!  But my CSA share has really kicked up the vegetable output and I have nine giant and beautiful cucumbers sitting in my refrigerator, just waiting to be a blog post.  So sometime soon my dear friends, I will be back with recipes and food-related adventures.  

But for this Thursday evening following a meeting at school and a free Chipotle dinner, I'll leave you all with another installment of Friends on Food.  And if you miss my kitchen tales, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!

Season 9 - The One with Phoebe's Birthday Dinner


Monica: I suppose that Chandler will have the smoked duck.
Chandler:  And I suppose Monica will have the.....manipulative shrew.
Joey: How did I miss that?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment